Monday 5 March 2012

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups #33




I'm back. Writing again. I have missed it. 
This is the latest 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups.

Piece by piece, the sea offered up parts smoothed by its own white horses.  Each limb carved by sand, shell and wave.  She gathered them with love. She wired and wove. She created joints for shoulders, fetlock and cannon as limber as a racehorse.  She chose with care, intertwining, creating curves with care and precision.  A proud head took shape, noble and inquisitive. She gave her creation a jauntily turned leg, imagined movement, where there was none. 
At last it stood.
A most wonderful sculpture.  
A gift to the world, gathered from the ocean.
A  creature for the new Eden.



12 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    This is great. I love it. My favourite sentence is: 'She chose with care, intertwining, creating curves with care and precision.'

    Your words have a languid, relaxed feel to them in my mind and a rhythm that evokes a gentle sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamily told. As if you're describing the creation from a hammock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, I enjoyed discovering a glimpse into the mind of an artist at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful with exquisitely rich language. I lvoe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great; it's along the same lines as mine (great minds and all that) but yours does have a gentle rhythm to it. Beautifully written. Missed your writing over the past weeks. Hope that all is good with you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. I am well but have just moved house! I have found my post cancer year hard however I found writing last night very soothing. I shall try to write each week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written, there is an unhurried quality to your piece that lulls you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a come back A! I'm so glad I kept sending the prompts. Knew you wouldn't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you back! This was exquisite - as much a work of art as the sculpture itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you back! And a great piece to come back with! That fittingly describes how the horse came to such vibrant, wonderful life! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see you back. An excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete