Monday 12 December 2011

100 word Challenge for Grownups #23


Below is our prompt...
Now for this week we are really getting into Christmas. I’m not going to be as prescriptive as I might be so don’t grumble! I want to to choose a favourite carol and re-write it with the theme of a Christmas Dinner. You have to tell your readers which carol it is and they have to be able to sing your version back to themselves. That means the right tempo and beat. You may not need 100 words but I’ll give you that many just in case! Generous aren’t I?!!


I chose 'God rest ye merry gentlemen'


No rest for busy womenfolk.


No rest for busy womenfolk,
No let up on this day.
Remember sprout and potato,
parsnips too, what'er they say.
This food will all soon be devoured,
No reason for dismay.


Oh tidings of dinner and joy,
Dinner and joy!
Oh tidings of dinner and joy!

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I love it! You clever stick! I can see folks grumbling but you can show them it's possible. Can't wait to see what you do with next week's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Setting the bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational! Made me try too.
    MisiesD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your far to clever for me, my brain just goes blank. Thankyou for the comments earlier xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GSussex
    Go you! Well done sport!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner and Joy - love it! And definitely in that order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dinner and joy :-D works well. Am feeling proper festive now. Tra la la la :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite nice--and true! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite nice--and true! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite right! I wonder just what percentage of Christmas dinners are cooked by women!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true, no rest for busy womenfolk, especially at this time of year! Polly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to confess that HonieDaddy does more of the Christmas Dinner than me AND my Dad used to do it every year at home - it was the only meal he did cook though. That's cos my Mum used to work till 2am (even on Christmas Eve) and my Dad would insist on a glass of whiskey and a tin of mince pies to do the job!

    I did love this though - Christmas Dinner should be a shared effort as it's such an important meal. Mum can look after the wine - Dad the sprouts lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. great! Very fun - I love the chorus part :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun post - Ali! Had to sing along to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol loved this, there really is no rest for us women this time of year x

    ReplyDelete