Monday 10 October 2011

100 Word Challenge for Grownups Week 14

The prompt this week was to use 'The Alphabet' in some form...

One in a million...


He thoughtfully turned the can opener. All he had found was one tin of soup in the cupboard. That will change, he mused, eventually. He poured the soup into a pan, set it on the small gas burner. Humming gently, he busied himself with knife and board. The scent of warming soup began to fill the room like unseen anticipation.. When he was satisfied all was well, he carefully finished his task.

“Oh”, she cried, “Yes, yes, I will”. She flung her arms around him 

She was amazed, surprised and delighted he had proposed using the can of Alphabet soup.

 

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love this, clever use of the prompt. Alphabetti spaghetti. Terrific. I need to rack my brains. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever! I was going to go down that route so will have to rethink now that you have done it so well! What a star - romance in a tin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely story....as heart-warming as the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely outside the box and wonderful idea, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. The creative talent pouring out here! Great take, works well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story. Really good idea. I wrote my spaghetti story before I read yours. I hadn't thought of actually spelling anything! Polly

    ReplyDelete