Monday 31 October 2011

100 Word Challenge for Grown ups #17


Well, Julia has excelled herself! 21 words and a rhyme!
This is the prompt:
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot…
Now it has a rhythm to it – yes? Your challenge this week is to write something with the same rhythm using only 21 words that include ‘ …in winter we shiver…‘ Easy!

Got to keep moving

November, November, in winter we shiver
Overcoat, muffler and hat.
On crunchy white path way
We eagerly race to the mat.


All I can say is I tried...




17 comments:

  1. Well done, Alison!
    A really tricky one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a tricky one this week - well done with this. Love the line "overcoat, muffler and hat".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for keeping to the word count- I couldn't manage that! Julia is a master setter of challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tried and succeeded. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crunchy white pathway - but don't race too fast to the mat or you'll end up slipping on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, this flows really well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the second line, well done you! G Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely comments. I'm going to do some more commenting tomorrow, when my brain is less tired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An succeeded admirably!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the images, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good try! This one felt awful tricky. I've still got a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good - really captures the freezing cold of the Winter time

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can feel the snow and coldness. I liked this piece

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work fufilling the brief.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done you! I know it was a bit tricky but you stepped up to the challenge really well! Thank you so much for supporting this nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done for meeting the challenge - what hard work! Hope Julia lets us have more words next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent, well done. I really enjoyed this x

    ReplyDelete