Tuesday 27 September 2011

100 Words for Grownups Week 12

The prompt for this week's 100 Words for Grownups is ... euro meltdown fear... written in a journalistic style. My fear was so great I nearly did not have a go. Today, I got brave and had a go - here it is.

UK not to blame!

Europe stands petrified as the euro meltdown fear creeps across it like volcanic lava and UK financial gurus can sigh with relief. Whatever happens about Greece, or indeed Ireland, the fact that the UK did not join the Euro is to be applauded.  Undoubtedly as billions of euros are poured onto the terminal embers of the Greek economy, the rest of Europe wonders how it will end.  The money has to come from somewhere, but does the reservoir of the European Central Bank contain sufficient to prevent the fires of insolvency from spreading further and further? Only time will tell.


7 comments:

  1. I knew you'd come up trumps :-) great post, fits genre perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got brave. It was a really tricky prompt again this week, and you've done a great job with it. I like the way you've included the imagery of "meltdown" from the headline throughout the piece, with embers, fires etc. Sally-Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could be on a journalistic path now Ali ! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the previous commenters. I like what you did with this difficult prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent take on the prompt and very well written

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a serious piece of writing that is fabulous. I didn't realise when I set the prompt that such writing would be produced. Thank you so much for taking up this challenge. I'm going to have toput my thinking cap on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all very much. I am really enjoying these challenges, and I can see how my writing is developing. I shall continue now - I have caught the writing bug.

    ReplyDelete