Thursday 15 September 2011

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #10

Hours and hours wasted.
I simply don’t believe it. Hours I have spent, nurturing, tending, caring.  All for what?  It’s nothing short of a travesty.  They looked beautiful, tumbling like brightly coloured hair.  The different colours blending like an earthbound rainbow.  I cherished my little ones, spared them from pests and diseases, never letting them go hungry.  I placed them with love, ensuring each had enough room to grow, to reach their potential.  I used all my skill, my years of experience, I gave them my all. All for this, my babies chopped and shorn, to make a living statue.


6 comments:

  1. What a great take on the prompt. I can feel your annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I used all my skill, my years of experience, I gave them my all."

    Nice repetition of "all".

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual idea. The frustration at how your babies have been treated to make this floral statue realy comes over well. Sally-Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love the idea of a florist being upset that her flowers were used like this. Thank you so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Earthbound rainbow" love thatdescription. Great interpretation of a tricky prompt. Always enjoy your writing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments - I nearly gave up on the prompt but inspiration finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete